Friday, November 30, 2007
Thursday, November 29, 2007
But we made him wear it anyways (you can see that he doesn't look very impressed).
http://www.parkerelliott.com/ ! Apparently Parker's name is a company. Parker even has his own corporate logo!
Parker Elliott consists of seasoned professionals with wide and deep experience in accounts-receivable management and third-party collections. We work with clients large and small-from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.Our collective experience on both sides of the client-supplier relationship gives us a unique perspective. This depth and breadth of experience truly sets us apart from the competition and enables us to be a partner, not just a vendor.Parker Elliott's corporate headquarters and call centers are located in Newport Beach, California.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Also, here's a photo of Parker chewing on a wooden spoon.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Friday, November 23, 2007
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Monday, November 19, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
Thursday, November 15, 2007
And here's Parker putting on a show in his new Osh Kosh B'Gosh overalls! His new thing is to stand when we hold onto his hands a little bit. He loves standing on my lap, which is pretty cute (and it looks like he's got a little Michael Jordan tongue-action going on in these photos while he's concentrating).
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
For some reason, Parker didn't nap at all today! He went the whole morning and afternoon without going to sleep, which is pretty rare for him. Usually we'll wake up and have breakfast and play a bit, then he'll take a nap. Then he'll wake up and we'll play a bit more (or maybe go do errands) and then he takes another nap. And sometimes he takes a third nap in the afternoon if he's really tired and there's room before his bed time. But today he just refused to sleep! He ended up kind of loopy and goofy in the afternoon, which was funny to see -- he was cracking up at the weirdest things (and his laugh is super cute). He eventually fell asleep on mommy in a chair in the basement! Parker definitely won the battle vs. The Sleep today, but normally he succumbs pretty quickly.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
The other day I saw some Ugly Dolls (which I have always thought were pretty cool) so I picked one up for
Edited to add more photos.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Bundled up because it's getting colder!
Pensive (yet chic) Parker.
Happy Parker! He looks like Rocky, ready to get in the ring. Except for the giant smile; I don't remember Rocky smiling and being cute towards Ivan Drago (although that totally would have caught him off guard).
I think this shirt is cool because it has drums on it, and I used to play in a band (or two, or three).
Friday, November 9, 2007
April is in Toronto all weekend so it's just the boys hanging out! Here's a photo of Parker dressed in his beatnik turtle-neck (although he doesn't have much of a neck, really). All he needs is a little black beret and a single lit candle and he would be ready to groove, baby. It reminded me of this classic Looney Tunes cartoon. The fact that this cartoon is even available proves that everything ever can be found on the internet. Cool, man. Cool.
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
As mentioned, here's the link to the slideshow. If you look closely (actually, you don't have to look that closely) you'll see a bit of fear in his eyes. Maybe some shock. Perhaps a bit of revulsion. Mmmm, peas.
Monday, November 5, 2007
Saturday, November 3, 2007
2. After you have a baby, a small rift opens in the space/time continuum, causing you to be late to every appointment you try to keep. For some reason, if you say you'll be somewhere at 10 o'clock, you don't get there until 10:30. We now operate on baby time.
3. People are super nice to you when you have a baby (this also applies to being pregnant). The other day I was at the bank with Parker, and an older woman was walking by and Parker went, "Yeeeeeee!" and smiled at her. She stopped in her tracks and went, "Oh, hello there!" with a big smile and it looked like it made her day. People love babies. Especially cute, happy ones.
4. The simplest things are the most entertaining. He doesn't really care for TV or fancy stuff; he's more interested in licking our faces, or smiling at himself in a mirror. It's pretty easy to keep him entertained and distracted. The same goes for us, too -- Parker can do the simplest thing (like just lay there quietly) but we stare at him and just watch him do stuff. He's pretty entertaining.
5. Poop stinks. Okay, so we kind of already knew that. But you don't REALLY know until you're faced with the daunting task of disposing a loaded diaper. The Diaper Genie is quite possibly the best invention ever (followed closely by GPS, and then basketball).
Hereare some photos (but not of poop). This is Parker's new game with Mommy. It's called "Row Row Row Your Boat". They both sit on the floor facing each other, and as Mommy sings the words, they kind of sway back and forth a bit. He seems to like it!
Friday, November 2, 2007
2. His real-boy hair is coming in. He had a mohawk when he was first born, with a strip of pretty thick, reddish-coloured hair on the top of his head. It seems to have fallen out (or maybe dispersed? His head is a bit bigger now) and thicker hair is growing in. It feels cool to rub your hand across his head.
3. He's waaaay better at standing now. If we tried to balance him on his legs before, they would crumple into a pile of cute mush. Now he bounces up and down a bit and can hold himself up (with a bit of support) for a while. We think the Exersaucer that April's mom dropped off has helped a lot. As soon as he can balance on two legs, I'm totally teaching him how to dunk a basketball.
4. Eating with daddy is much messier than eating with mommy.
5. Parker somehow manages to get cuter and cuter every day. Awwwww. :)
This was a long post! Hi Tiffany!