Friday, June 25, 2010

Door Guardian

Parker figured out how to open our front door by himself maybe a month or so ago, but luckily he's pretty good and doesn't really run outside without us knowing.  But that's not to say he won't.  So we went looking for some new locks to put on the front door.  I picked up one of these at Home Depot:
And I also picked up one of these, because I didn't know which would work better:
But I ended up being too paranoid to install it.  You have to drill the bolt part into your door, and I didn't really want to drill into our steel door.  I'm not the most handy person in the world.....  Luckily, while I was at a playdate the other day, they had this crazy locking mechanism on their door called the Door Guardian.
  Apparently they had them at Home Depot and I didn't even notice.  So I went back today and picked one up, and I have to say it might be the greatest invention ever (behind the GPS).  It's so simple, but so effective. And the best part is that it just screws into the wooden door frame and you don't have to damage your actual door!  If you're worried about your kids escaping, pick up a Door Guardian.  They're about $28 and even a moron like me can install them!  Here's a video of the Door Guardian in action:

No comments: