Friday, November 7, 2008

Close Call

Parker and I have an awesome napping routine:

1) He eats his lunch and is happy.
2) I pick him up after he's done and blow all the food off his tummy while swinging him around through the air.
3) He giggles a lot.
4) We go upstairs, change his diaper, and pull down the shade.
5) I put him in his crib on his tummy and he sprawls out all comfy-like.
6) He positions his stuffed animals the way he likes and I put the blanket over him.
7) I go to leave the room but before I do I say, "Sleepy time, Parker!  Goodnight!" and then we blow each other kisses (in a masculine way).
8) He falls alseep almost instantaneously and stays that way for 2-3 hours.

Today, though, he didn't want to take a nap!  He stayed in his crib, talking to himself and moving things around for about 45 minutes but luckily he finally went to sleep.  I was THISCLOSE to getting him but luckily waited it out, because now he's sound asleep.  Yay for naps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that weird...Kellen was the same way today! I almost went in after he was talking to himself, whining, etc (which went on for 30 minutes) but then he finally went to sleep! Silly kids!